The objectives of MaTE are to:
- create a panorama of the obtaining training offer for native language teachers (NLTs) in HE institutions and other professional training providers especially those teaching the native language of the receiving country as a second language for immigrant students and/or in multilingual classrooms,
- find out how teaching practice of NLTs is organised, monitored, mentored and assessed,
- map pedagogical innovations, technologies and trends in teaching and learning in language teaching and in general (even outside the language classroom) and to assess how these can be tapped to transform the native language class dynamics in so far as classroom management, teacher-students relationship, delivery, flexibility, personalisation and mobile learning are concerned,
- create instruments to keep NLTs up to date and upskill them with the latest pedagogical innovations, technologies and trends,
- recommend the best training model for NLTs that caters for the new challenges in the native language classroom,
- promote excellence in NLT training through exchange of good practices,
- enable HEIs to develop and reinforce networks, increase their capacity to operate at transnational level, share and confront ideas, practices and methods in NLT training.
- build more inclusive HE systems, connected to surrounding communities, by increasing fairness in access and the participation and completion rates of immigrant students.
This is the website of the Mapping Teacher Training project that is an Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership for Higher Education under the leadership of the Faculty of Education of Akdeniz University of Antalya, Turkey.